Your partner for productive pipetting.
The global market for lab equipment in the life sciences sector offers enormous opportunities.
Integra Biosciences Ltd. is a leading provider of highquality laboratory tools for liquid handling and media preparation. We are committed to fulfil the needs of our customers in research, diagnostics and quality control within the life sciences and medical industry. The company is headquartered in Zizers, Switzerland and maintains subsidiaries in the USA, Canada, China, Japan, the UK, France, Germany and Austria.
- 1965 Integra Biosciences Ltd. was founded in Zürich, Switzerland as a trading company for laboratory tools under the name Tecnomara.
- 1999 the manufacturing company PETRA Labortechnik Ltd. in Chur was acquired and integrated into the Integra Biosciences group.
- 2001 the engineering company TECURIA Engineering Ltd. joined the group.
- 2003 all business activities including Sales and Marketing, Product Development and Manufacturing were centralized in Chur, Switzerland.
- 2009 the US based company VIAFLO (today Integra Biosciences Corp.) was integrated into the group and the Swiss headquarter was moved from Chur to Zizers, Switzerland.
- 2012 the long time French distribution partner Valdea (today Integra Biosciences SAS) was acquired.
- 2013 foundation of a subsidiary company with a sales organisation in Great Britain.
- 2014 foundation of a direct sales force organisation in Germany.
- 2017 foundation of a sales office in China.
- 2019 foundation of a sales office in Japan.
Our Product Portfolio
Moving liquids in a precise and productive way is core to many daily tasks of laboratory professionals in the life science industry. Integra Biosciences is dedicated to develop laboratory tools, which make the handling and sterilization of liquids more effectively. It is our passion to work closely with our customers in order to continuously improve our products and to manufacture them at an outstanding quality.
Today, our liquid handling products are used in laboratories around the globe and have achieved an outstanding reputation for their quality and unique functionality. Our globally recognized products include EVOLVE manual pipettes, VIAFLO, VOYAGER and VIAFLO 96/384 electronic pipettes, VIAFILL reagent dispensers, PIPETBOY serologic pipettors, VACUSAFE and VACUSIP aspiration systems, DOSE IT peristaltic pumps, FIREBOY safety Bunsen burners and MEDIACLAVE and MEDIAJET media preparation equipment. In recent years, we have focused on completing our technologically advanced liquid handling product range, culminating in the launch of the ASSIST PLUS pipetting robot; a revolutionary concept that combines state of the art handheld pipettes with cutting edge robotics, freeing scientists from routine pipetting. We are proud to offer the widest range of pipettes in the market, spanning from single channel pipettes to 384 channel bench-top units.
Growth through innovative products of high quality is the central theme for Integra Biosciences. Permanent learning from customers provides our highly qualified employees the basis for continuous innovation of our product portfolio.
Laboratories involved in research and development, quality control or diagnostic in the life science sector. We find our customers in the pharmaceutical, biotech, agricultural, cosmetic and food industry, as well as in public institutions, universities and hospitals.
- Integra Biosciences has currently more than 400 employees worldwide
- Operating revenues 2020: CHF 132.4 Mio. (+74 % compared to 2019)