Your partner for transport technology.
Signal Ltd., based in Büren an der Aare, Switzerland, is a full-spectrum provider of products, systems and services for signage, information displays, parking space management, road markings and traffic control.
Its service offering is supplemented by system solutions for interactive communication using touchscreen information points and tunnel safety equipment. The company's portfolio is rounded off by its expert services in consultation, planning, engineering, assembly, commissioning and maintenance.
- Signal was founded as a public limited company in Biel, Switzerland, in 1946. Its core business focused on signage and road markings. Over the years, the company underwent constant expansion and modernisation, and its distribution network grew to include branch offices throughout the whole of Switzerland. In 1990, it moved to new premises in Büren an der Aare. Until 1994, Signal Ltd. was a wholly owned subsidiary of Integra Holding Ltd. in Wallisellen.
- In 1995, however, Plastic Omnium in Paris acquired an interest in Signal. Today, Integra Holding and Plastic Omnium each hold a 50% participation in the company.
- On 01/01/2011, Signal took over the road marking company Segnaletica Mordasini Ltd. in Giubiasco, further strengthening its market position in the canton of Ticino.
- Signal is currently the Swiss market leader in the areas of signage, information displays and road marking.
- Since December 2014 Signal Ltd. is again fully owned by Integra.
For over 75 years, Signal has been operating in the areas of signage, information displays, road marking and traffic control. By ensuring that road users receive clear directions, Signal helps to preserve the environment and increase quality of life. The Signal -team is guided by market requirements and is characterised by its professional advice, efficiency and high-quality service. It places maximum priority on quality, occupational safety and environmental protection, and uses certified management systems to guarantee professional work. At Signal, the motto is: together – smart – inspiring.
The wide range of services includes all products and systems for signage, road marking, information displays and traffic control. This includes traffic signs, products for road layout design, static and dynamic information and access systems, road closure systems, information signals for bicycles, motorbikes and pedestrians, and road/space marking products. It also includes all associated services such as consultation, engineering, assembly and service.
Signal operates in the public and private sector markets. Its distribution and service network includes 9 market areas that provide local services in all language regions within Switzerland. Its customers include the national, cantonal, municipal and local authorities, as well as companies in the industrial, commercial, retail and private sectors.
- Signal currently has 263 employees.
- Operating revenues 2022: CHF 60.3 Mio.